Saturday, October 27, 2012

IT'S SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!

                   Well, hello everyone! Today is SATURDAY!!! Oh, I've waited the whole WEEK for this!!! And it's finally here...yay!!! Well, anyway, today, I'm going to start with a verse that really jumped out at me this past week...this verse just really stood out to me because ya know, we've all heard Ephesians 6:1 (Children, obey your parents...) and for me, I just felt like, yeah, I've heard that verse a hundred times...and then I found this verse...
 
                   Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you and submit yourselves; for they watch for your souls as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy and not with grief, for that is unprofitable for you. 

                    Anyway, I just thought that that was a really great verse to think about. And without further ado I'm just so excited about today's craft/DIY(whatever you want to call it) that I just have to get right to it.
                    This is like my ultimate favorite headband and it only took me like an hour to make. Here's what you do; get a piece of elastic (that you know will be long enough to go around your head) and just start sewing  on  buttons.... lots  and  lots  of  buttons. (Side topic, my mom has this little jar of mismatched/random buttons that she's kept from various shirts and sweaters and clothes, so I got to just pick out all the prettier ones :D and sew them on!! I really like how it turned out). Anyway, after you've sewn on the buttons you go to a mirror and before you hot glue the ends together you should mark where on the elastic you want it to be glued. This is so that you can decide how much you want it to be stretched when you're wearing it and so that you can see if it has an appropriate amount of buttons on it, etc. Then you hot glue the ends together!! Here is a picture of what is looks like when I'm not wearing it.

                         As you can see, I didn't put buttons all the way around mostly because I didn't have enough to do that. Also, if you look closely, you can see that it was hot glued in three places. This was because the first time I glued it, I underestimated how big it should be and so I just cut of the part where it was glued and then I just glued another section of elastic on to make it bigger. 
                         I hope you like this idea. I've gotten all sorts of compliments on it and also, it's an original piece because 1) no one did it like you did and 2) no one has the same buttons. So you see, you have an original work of art!! Well, that's about all for today...cya ya'll later!!
           Bethany

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to try to make a headband like that today, so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great Bible verse, and I LOVE that headband! <3

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message if you have any comments or questions here. It will be moderated, then posted so that all your kind thoughts may be read!