Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Cracked Bucket in the Master's Hand

Hello! Hope everyone is having a great week so far! If you have your Bible handy, go ahead and turn to I Corinthians and read chapter 1, verses 25-31. I will sum that passage up here, for those of you who can't get to your Bible at the moment. It reminds us that God has chosen the weak and foolish things of the world to shame the things that are strong and wise, v. 31: "so that, just as it is written, 'Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.'"
Once upon a time (I hope you like stories!) there was a man who lived way out in the country. Every morning he would walk down a well worn path to the stream, where he would get water for the day. The man had two buckets that he would fill and carry all the way back to his little cabin. The one bucket was whole. It sealed perfectly, didn't have any holes, cracks, or anything else wrong with it. The other bucket had a big, long crack that went half ways down the side, so that by the time he got back to his house, half the water had leaked out of it. The cracked bucket was very discouraged because it felt it couldn't do its job as well as the good bucket. So one day, the cracked bucket said to his master, "Master, I feel that I cannot serve you as well as I should because of this big crack. Why do you still use me to carry water every day? I will never be able to do my job well." The master replied, "Have you ever notice the beautiful flowers that I planted along your side of the path? Every morning when I carry you back to the house, you water my flowers."
This story encouraged me so much, and I hope it encourages you as well. It is such a joy to know that God can use us just as we are, and that it is not our doing, it is His. So if you ever feel like a cracked bucket, just remember that you are in the Master's Hand!

I also have a fun recipe for those of you who like to cook! And for those of you who might not like to cook, or maybe think you're not very good at it, try it anyways. This is a very simple recipe and you can't mess it up that bad! :)
Monster Cookie Bars
2 c oatmeal                  3/4 c softened butter
1 c flour                       1/2 t salt
1 c brown sugar           1/2 t baking soda
Combine until crumbly. Save 1 1/2 c of the 
mixture in a seperate bowl. Press the rest into
a greased 9"x13" pan.
In a third bowl, mix 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened
condensed milk and 1/3 c peanut butter. Pour
over the bottom crust. 
Sprinkle with 1/2 - 3/4 c each of chocolate chips
and M&M's. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs on
top.
Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
Enjoy!
Blessings,
Keri 


2 comments:

  1. This post is so encouraging! Looking forward to hearing more from you. :)
    XOXO,
    Rachelle Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful! I'm glad that you're going to be posting in LP!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message if you have any comments or questions here. It will be moderated, then posted so that all your kind thoughts may be read!