Thursday, February 14, 2013

Red Roses and Bleeding Hearts

Valentines Day--what comes to your mind? Maybe roses, chocolate, heart-shaped candy,..."Love." It is a day when most couples do something special to tell their significant other, "I Love You." I was in Walmart today and was absolutely stunned at the number of guys who were buying flowers! Then I was saddened to think of how many of those relationships will come to a terrible end before their time. Way too many, I'm afraid. The Valentines Day trademark is Red Roses, but unfortunately we live in an age of Bleeding Hearts. Why Bleeding Hearts? Generally speaking, today's church has widely accepted the world's philosophy of romantic relationships. We date someone because of outwards things--how they look, their personality, how they make us feel, or whatever else. And if the relationship doesn't work out, then we just break it off and try someone else. The outcome? Too often us young people give our hearts away before the right one comes along, and it leaves us with broken, Bleeding Hearts. Proverbs 4:23 says,

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."
I know it can be really hard to wait, but I also know that in the long run, life will be a lot harder if you don't wait. God will bring the right person at the right time, and I'm confident that He can determine who Mr. Right is a lot better than I can! ;) And in the meantime, remember that God loves you infinitely! You are the Bride of Christ, and He can romance a soul like none other! I have been challenging myself, and I challenge you too: find your fulfillment in Christ, delight yourself in the Lord, and He will take care of the rest! I have a really good book by Debi Pearl called, Preparing to be a Help Meet. I would strongly recommend it for anyone looking for good reading material on the subject!
God bless!
Keri


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful post, Keri! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I think the best way to guard you heart is to give it to God. He is the best guard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely agree! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message if you have any comments or questions here. It will be moderated, then posted so that all your kind thoughts may be read!