Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Insights from the Barnyard

Hey everybody!
Today I have a little analogy for you that came to my mind the other day. Since I live on a farm, I often get to help out with the many exciting jobs there are to do around here. Farming is hard work, but it can be a lot of fun if you don't mind getting a little dirty......or really dirty!! On Friday, Dad employed myself and my 15 and 13 year old brothers to count how many heifers were in each of our four barns. (Just in case you didn't know, heifers are young female cattle who have not yet had a calf.) The first barn we counted was our barn here at home. I would stand there and the boys would make all of the cattle run past me and I counted them as they went by. It is very difficult, and if they get running too fast, you lose count and have to start all over again. So, the first time I came up with 173, but I wasn't too sure, so we counted again. 175 this time. To make a long story short, we were out in the barn for over an hour, counted them SIX TIMES and finally came to the conclusion that there was 174. One barn down, three to go! It was actually a lot of fun, though all three of us came home brown speckled and smelly! :) All that to say, as we counted, recounted and counted again the number of cattle in each barn, I was reminded of the fact that God has numbered each one of us. He never loses count of His children, and not only that, He knows everything about us and He cares about every little detail in our lives. What an amazing God He is! And I s'pose that since He "owns the cattle on a thousand hills," He's got all of them counted too! :)



Hope you all have a great week!
Keri

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, Keri! I really love your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! Boy, that is a lot of animals. that is a lot of work on a farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Thank you, Keri. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thinking! That is so true! Great post, Keri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 16, 2015

    heelloooooo
    i see your story about counting cows but i translte it on google translation it is so amazing so lovly full of faith
    and I would like to see more magic stories hus2@hotmail.com my name is -----

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 16, 2015

    lovly site lovely people

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message if you have any comments or questions here. It will be moderated, then posted so that all your kind thoughts may be read!