Saturday, August 2, 2014

Reality

Hello girls. Hope you are all having a lovely day!
Today, reality seems to be on my mind.
Recently, God has blessed me with the opportunity of going to 2 family camps this summer! I just got back from the second one yesterday, and I will be heading out on the 14th-17th to go to another one... So, in total, 3 camps.

Camping is so much fun! You get to wake up every morning and see your friends and family, enjoy God's wonderful creation, and spend time with the people you love. It always seems to fly right by!!

So then, you come home, and reality smacks you in the face.

Wether it be, not being able to see your friends, or realizing that you don't have any plans for the next 3 weeks. Whatever it is, reality is hard.

Now, I'm going to be completely honest, I've been struggling with reality the past few weeks. It's really really hard. It seems like all of my friends are off, doing things, while I sit at home and watch Netflix all day. ( < slight exaggeration, but that's what it feels like. )
So, on days when reality has me singing the blues, I have to keep my chin up and remind myself that Jesus has a plan, and he will show it to me in his perfect timing.

It may seem like there's no hope for you. That you'll be single all your life, or your parents are never going to let go of the reigns, or that you're never going to go out and do something with your life.
But, one day, Jesus will show you. So, in the mean time, reflect on what God HAS blessed you with! What has God been doing in your life? For me, God gave me the opportunity to go to camp, and built and strengthened friendships in the process! :)

So, with that being said, keep your chins up, darlings!
God has a perfect plan for each person, and all you have to do is trust his perfect will!

I will talk to you all soon!! :)

~Abigail

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO much, Abby. This post is a real blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message if you have any comments or questions here. It will be moderated, then posted so that all your kind thoughts may be read!