Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 In Review

2014. I would have to say this year has been one of the most defining years of my life, yet.
I am humbled by the fact that I have such a loving and caring Savior, who is always by my side, in the good and bad times.

As I look back at the year, and try to put it into words, one thing sticks out:
       
 God provides.

This year especially, I have been reminded of God's perfect provision in every way. He really does provide. In Job 1:21 it says,

"... The LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."

This year, this verse has been really true in my life. He has taken friends out of my life, brought new ones in. Closed doors, but opened new ones. He has provided.

As I look back on the year, there are a few things that really stuck out to me, as the highlights of my year. Here's just a few. :)

- Going to camp without family, for the first time.
This summer, I had the amazing opportunity to go to a family camp, with some friends of mine, with no family. This was the first time I have ever been away from all family, with no form of contact. But, it was probably one of the most amazing and fun experiences I've ever had!! I smile at the thought of going down to the lake every day, or playing board games, or listening to the wonderful messages during chapel. Those are memories that I will cherish forever. :)

-Making my first CD.
This year especially, I have been pursuing music much more. In October, I had the opportunity of making a piano music CD. What a blessing that was!! I am so amazed at how music can be such a wonderful tool to share Jesus' love.

-Singing in a choir.
Singing is a big part of my life, and I was so blessed by the opportunity to be able to sing in the Melodia Homeschool Choir, at the beginning of this year. Each person in that group was so much fun to work with, and going to practice every Tuesday, is probably one of my most fond memories of this year.

-The birth of my cousin, Blayden.
In April, my sweet baby cousin, Blayden was born. When he was born, he had some issues with his oxygen saturation levels, but after some time spent in the hospital, he was released, and is now one of the happiest babies I know! He is such a great reminder of God's greatness, and love towards us.

-Becoming a part of Delight.
( if you don't know what Delight is, I would encourage you to check out my last post, and also check out their website here: www.delightandbe.com )
Delight has been such a blessing to me. I became a part of Delight towards the end of April, and I was have been so blessed by each individual in there. The girls are so encouraging, and fun, and their love for the Lord just RADIATES through them. I have been SO blessed to be able to be a part of Delight, and meet and be friends with such amazing young women.

 Well, I think that is it, but I'm sure I've missed a few.

I want to personally thank all of my friends and family for making this year as amazing as it was! You all have made my year, one of the best years of my life. I am so grateful to the Lord, for putting each of you into my life.

What are some of the highlights of your year?? I'd love to know! :)
Have a Happy New Year, and may your 2015 be filled with the Lord's goodness!

Blessings!!
~Abigail.




p.s Delight reached it's goal of becoming a non-profit!! We are all so thankful and blown away by God's great provision! We are so thankful for every person who donated. THANK YOU! :)

6 comments:

  1. you have an awesome blog!

    ~Racic
    washed-water.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thrilled that Blayden was a highlight of your year! We love our Blayden Nathaniel to bits! We praise God for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abby! This is Emma Edwards from choir, Claire's sister. See ya at choir next week!

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is beautiful!
    <3 and definitely following!

    xxJordan Sky
    being-hidden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blog you have!
    :-)
    www.x-crossmyheart-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message if you have any comments or questions here. It will be moderated, then posted so that all your kind thoughts may be read!